I have only had luck getting this code paid if I bill it with the CVP's (36558, 36556, 36561, etc...) Per Encoder there is a list of codes that 76937 can be billed in addition too as long as the guidelines are met (permanent recording) and if it's for vascular access. Per Encoder, the codes include venous and arterial catheter placements.
Per the Interventional Radiology Coding Users' Guide, cpt 76937 can be reported in conjunction with other procedures besides central venous access but the ACR and SIR are still working on expanding the list to include all inerventional radiology catheterization codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join