Medicare is requiring providers to report code Q2038 for the Fluzone influenza vaccine in place of CPT code 90658.
Now for a question....the description of code 90658 is for the influenza vaccine, split virus The terminology says nothing about preservative free. The problem is that some Fluzone vaccine such as those who come in single dose units are preservative free.
So the question is, if the preservative free version is given, do you report Q2038 or code 90656? The description of Q2038 is for the Fluzone vaccine.
Hope this question makes sense.
All insight appreciated. Thanks.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join