TPN is a therapeutic infusion with a high percentage of dextrose solution containing vitamins, electrolytes and trace elements (other meds such as insulin and Pepcid may be added). TPN is given via a central line to those who cannot digest food and to give their gut a chance to rest after surgery and during other GI disorders. Lipids are also given as part of the TPN protocol to provide fat nutrition.
Can you be more specific with your question? For example, what is the reason for the encounter?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join