I will suggest this as 'cellulitis' of most of the areas incised.
TheCPT code merits to this scenerio is 10061..
10061 I & D of abscess (cutaneous or subcutaneous ) with modifier -22 for extensive/extension work on to the flanks incision and drainage (no fliud, though), supported with the ICD-diagnosis 682.2 - Other cellulitis and abscess Trunk ( flank).
Modifier for laterality also include- ie, LT to the CPT code
Andfor Leg - ICD-9 CM - 682.6 Cellulitis and abscess of leg.
So CPT: 10061- 22 LT,
ICD-9: 682.6, 682.2
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join