I'll take a stab at this one, Tina!
Because your "dx" scope changed to a debride/synovectomy, then you had to abort the scope to do an open procedure, you lose it altogether to the open code.
Now, for the open OCD. drum roll please.......
I have a few thoughts on it.
#1 28445. Controversial, yes, but since there was a piece of OC surface avulsed off with bone attached, technically that is a fracture. And, there does NOT have to be fixation used to report. (AND open OCD w/ grafting is right below..so it is in the same series (FX) of codes...)
#2 28100. I attended AAPC National 2009, in which a foot MD spoke on this. He said the definition & explanation of the code matches what was done to the talus.
Thoughts from anyone else?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join