ok you confused me and I did vfc a lot. vfc is allowed for people on ahcccs, patients with no insurance and patients with a high deductible. if ahcccs is 2ndary they will not pay on the admin. When you put the sl on the vaccine they are including the admin fee in there as well. no matter what the admin will have to be a writeoff for ahcccs. what I did when ahcccs was secondary was this and this is for using vfc. I put the vaccines and the admin in the system but put a 0 charge on the vaccines and make sure they did not go on the claim since they were supplied by the state and put that with the sl just so I knew what was done. (company policy) then I would bill out the admins only. Again this is for VFC vaccines where ahcccs is 2ndary. Also remember if they have ahcccs as a secondary they can revieve VFC. The company I worked for I had to know this very very well. I billed for 3 peds offices.
Sorry I forgot to put in there that is was AHCCCS that told us that when they are secondary and vfc is used to bill the admins only.
In this situation since you did not give VFC you would have to write the rest off. AHCCCS WILL NOT pay for it. I have faught this many times and they will only pay for VFC no matter what
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join