I work in a pain mgmt practice too. We have a CLIA waiver which apparently allows us to do the preliminary test. Then we send the test for a final determination thru Milineum. The CLIA waiver is important, so you need to see if your office has one. We bill 80101/QW to commercial carriers and bill G0434/QW to Medicare, and 80104 to UHC. I believe in the near future most commercial companies will stop paying the 80101 for our type of practice and go to the 80104. Hope this helps. Christie
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join