Did you have all the necessary modifiers?
92980 includes catheterization and imaging necessary for placement of the stent, but if a separate diagnostic coronary angiogram was performed prior to the stent placement (and based on that it was determined to place the stent), the modifier 59 needs to go on 93454. 92980 and 92981 need to have the appropriate vessel modifier (LD, LC, RC) to indicate which vessels the stents were in. (92981 can only be coded if a 2nd stent is placed in another vessel, not in the same vessel as the initial stent.)
So, you would need something like this:
93454-59 (add -26 if billing for physician at a hospital)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join