was total time spent with the patient documented? if so then subtract the visit level you sya it was a 99213 from the total time spent, the book says a 99213 is 15 minutes so if total time is 25 minutes the visit level is a 99213 so subtract 15 from the 25 and you have 10 minutes left for the counseling which is not more than 50% of total time so the visit remains a 99213. To code based on time total time face to face with the patient must be documented, not just the counseling time.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join