Hi Diane! We bill just for the anesthesiologists here in our office so when we bill a TEE, it's usually probe placement only, or 93313. If your physician is also providing a report, then 93318 is correct with the modifier 59. A separate encounter shouldn't be needed-the modifier indicates that this was separate from the anesthesia service provided at the same time. Hope this helps!
Kristina, CPC, CANPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join