AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Hallux Valgus repair

Default Hallux Valgus repair

AAPC: Back to School
    I was wondering which CPT codes you would use for a hallux valgus repair? The operative report states the following: "Right first metatarsal proximal crescentic osteotomy, excision of medial eminence, distal soft tissue realignment/modified McBride, application of TightRope device." Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially with the TightRope device application portion of the procedure.

Thank you!

Would need to see the whole op report to help with code.

It is my understanding the tight rope is nothing more than another type of internal fixation.

Thanks for your response. I was reviewing the OP report with one of my co-workers earlier and she also felt that the Arthrex tightrope is simply a type of internal fixation, so it wouldn't need a separate code. That was the part that we were hung up on the most.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 10:09 AM
  2. Hammered Hallux repair?
    By BFAITHFUL in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
  3. Hallux Valgus
    By Colleen25 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
  4. Hallux Varus Repair