If the stress test was already scheduled, even if the patient is a new patient you cannot charge the visit level since the evaluation to determine the necessity for the procedure was already done, even if by another physician they are not inclined to pay for this twice. Rarely are tests like a nuclear stress test performed immediately after examining the patient, they are almost always scheduled ahead of time. If you have the rare instance where the provider is seeing the patient for the first ime and makes a determination at that time a test is needed and it cannot wait to be scheduled then you can appeal with this information.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join