A nurse as in RN/LPN cannot initiate a patient service. They may not be the only entity to see the patient. So what you have is a patient that saw only the RN in your practice and that RN deemed the patient healthy, the patient then miscarried and never saw the physician.
To bill a nurse visit the physician must have already seen the patient for the same diagnosis and must have a plan of care in the medical record for the nurse to follow up on. A new patient can not meet this criteria so no you may not bill this encounter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join