Below is from AMA CPT Assistant December 2010
Question:What is the appropriate code to report for an intra-articular atlanto-occipital joint injection (AO or C0-C1 joint) or an intra-articular atlanto-axial joint injection (AA or C1-C2 joint)?Marvel J Hammer RN CPC CCS-P PCS ACS-PM CHCO, Denver, CO
Answer:It is appropriate to report code 64490, Injection(s), diagnostic or therapeutic agent, paravertebral facet (zygapophyseal) joint (or nerves innervating that joint) with image guidance (fluoroscopy or CT), cervical or thoracic; single level, for either atlanto-occipital or atlanto-axial joint injection. The atlanto-occipital joint is between the base of the skull and first vertebrae of the cervical spine. Injections into the atlanto-occipital joint may be used to treat pain at the back of the head.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join