It depends on the carrier. Cahaba tells us to use J9035 and put dosing information. Cigna reqires C9257 even though this is for Surgery Center usage. Blue Cross is the nightmare. They give you a precert for J9035 but then denies it or only pays you $7.00 to 8.00. BCBS states they want you to use J3059. So it is really up to the payor so be sure to talk with each one. I know this does not help very much. It really should not be this hard.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join