Hi, I have the exact same situation. A parathryoidectomy exploration was started & then it was realized that it was an intrathroidal parathyroid gland so they performed a thyroid lobectomy. I have researched to find an answer. CCI edits seem to indicate that you can not bill both unless modifier 59 would apply, but in this instance the lobe that was removed was on the same side as the parathyroid gland they were looking for. Did you ever come up with an answer?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join