I have posted this a long time ago:
"I have done research on this subject about two month ago. What I found is that since there is no medical necessity for this visit-it's not payable. H&P is done because of the guidelines requiring patients to have H&P before each surgery (in general H&P is good for 30days). You can get reimbursement only if the decision for surgery was made on the same day, then you need to append modifier 57. Hope this will help."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join