Can anyone help me understand why they insert a Swan Ganz during a CABG? If the patient is on Cardiopulmonary Bypass, what is the purpose of the Swan?
Prior to initiating bypass, the pulmonary artery catheter (PAC - swan ganz), is used to determine the patient's baseline cardiac output, pulmonary wedge and other pressures within the heart as well as the SVO2 that measures the balance of oxygen delivery and consumption. Post bypass, these measurements are used to promote optimum hemodynamics, since many patients are on IV drips to aid in cardiac function.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join