Not sure of "trauma run" term, but when a pt is brought in and admitted as trauma the place of service is listed as in-pt trauma for workers comp. / auto insr. for reimbursement; as far as coding I bill the appropriate in pt admit or consult code with the 57 modifiers if the pt is taken in for sx. and also 58 for staged or other modifiers that apply for the same admission time. Hope this answers some of your question.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join