When we bill for a FOLFOX regimen, for example, 96416 with 59 modifier (for 5FU in a pump) is used in conjunction with 96413 (for Oxaliplatin). I would say, the denial is due to lack of an initial (don't have a CPT in front of me - if you look it up, I believe, you will find that the rationale as to why it can be used in conjunction with other initials). So, I would code 96374 + 96375 + 96416/59 for your study drug. Best regards
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join