1) Iliac vascular territory
0238T - Transluminal peripheral artherectomy, open or percutaneous, including radiological supervision interpretation; Iliac Artery
CPT Assist 7/11
Coding Tip: 37220-37235 vs. 0234T-0238T
Codes 37220-37235 describe revascularization therapies (ie, transluminal angioplasty, atherectomy, and stent placement) provided in two arterial vascular territories, femoral/popliteal and tibial/peroneal, as well as transluminal angioplasty and stent placement in the iliac vascular territory.
Codes 0234T-0238T describe atherectomy performed by any method (eg, directional, rotational, laser) in arteries above the inguinal ligaments. These codes are structured differently than the codes describing atherectomy performed below the inguinal ligaments (eg, codes 37225, 37227, 37229, 37231, 37233, 37235).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join