If the dad wants them for a court case against the mother than I would make the lawyer request copies of the records with a personal release. I would also tell the dad that he has to use a personal release, not a release from the physician he is working for. As a matter of fact, I am very surprised the physician is allowing the father to do this as basically he is requesting records for a fraudelent reason. All of our medical record request forms should have a reason as to why the records are being requested, if it is for personal use, it should be a personal form.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join