Most Medicare contractors have an LCD for non-invasive vascular exams such as 93975/76. Even if you state doesn't have one, you can look at some of the other LCDs to get an idea of what's considered medically necessary. There are no CCI edits prohibiting 93975/76 with 76830, so if both are ordered and medically necessary you should get paid for both. Remember that 93975 requires both color and spectral doppler of an organ (or both of paired organs) and evaluation of both arterial and venous blood flow. If only arterial, or only venous, or only 1 of paired organs is evaluated, code 93976.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join