It sounds as if this is a general practice across the board for all the Blues. Here in NC, BCBS will also not allow for anesthesia in an office setting. We inform the patient of this prior to the procedure, have them sign a waiver, and then collect for this fee upfront. Patients are generally willing to pay for the convenience of having procedures performed in the office rather than going through the arduous process at the hospital or ASC and incurring those additional costs as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join