Depends on why your doctor actually did the procedure.
Did he do the procedure because of the abd pain and cramping or did he do the procedure ebcause the pt needed a CCS?
If the pt was being seen for the abd pain it is not even a diagnostic screening it is just a diagnostic colonoscopy.
The way you wrote it I would code it as a 45378 for the cpt and 789.00 and 787.3 for dx.
What did the doctors procedure note state for the indication?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join