Thread: Shingle vaccination

Default Shingle vaccination

Promo: Code Books
    My doctor will give shingle vaccination but I just want to know if medicare will pay for it and what code should I use. Please advise. Need Help.
    Last edited by giliwjoy; 08-31-2011 at 09:36 PM.

I believe that Medicare Part B does NOT cover the Zostavax; however, it is covered under Medicare Part D, so if patients have a doctor's order, they can have their pharmacist give them the shot and get it reimbursed through the pharmacy under Part D, if they have a Part D plan.

That is exactly right, Gail. Medicare part B will not pay for that vaccine, but it is covered under part D.

it is code 90736, but it is almost impossible to get from pharmacy as it is a frozen vaccine. It is not covered under part b

Default Shingles Vaccine

I work for a pharmacist and they give the shingles vaccine all the time. The vaccine is billed under Part D Plan.

Smile dx for shingles (zoster) vaccine

Hi there,
    I'm new to family practice and want to get this right. Can anyone send me in the right direction for the dx for this vaccine. thanks

I recommend V05.8.
    Dawson Ballard, Jr., CPC, CEMC, CPMA, CCS-P, CPC-P
    Compliance Auditor

Default Shingles Vaccine

How do you bill Blue Care Network for the Shingles Vaccine for a 68 yr old still working patient that has full coverage under BCN and doesnt have Medicare.

Similar Threads

1. Vaccination
    By smalldetails in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 02:25 PM
  2. DtAP vaccination
    By DD531816 in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
  3. Shingle Vacine for part D
    By alcalcthmpsn in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 0