you use the V code for the screening colonoscopy first listed and the code for the finding secondary. You code the appropriate CPT code for the diagnostic colonoscopy and link both dx codes to the procedure. Then you put the 33 modifier on the CPT code or if Medicare the PT modifier. You canot list the screening colonoscopy you can list only the diagnositic. The modifier shows that a screening study was performed with a diagnositic component.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join