Look under the pediatric section for "counseling session with mom"
It can be appropriate to bill based on face-to-face time with individuals responsible for decision making on a patient's behalf. As always medical necessity must be met and adequate documentation must be in place.
One concern that is immediately apparent is whether the mother and the father are being provided same information on separate visits. If so, medical necessity for the second visit would not seem to have been met. Also, were there clinical findings as a result of the well child visit that warranted a discusion with the father?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join