I'm not all that familiar w/cardiac coding, but I'm assuming the Bi Ventricle ICD is some sort of device. You would code for the condition in which the device was needed for. Perhaps the arrhythmias? Then look to your V codes. There should be something in there in regards to patient having a device, or if it's status post surgery etc. Sorry I don't have real definite answers, but hopefully this helps give you a starting point.
Ellen, CPC, CEMC, CFPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join