Treatment for psoriasis

Question Treatment for psoriasis
    Exam Training Packages
    Help!! One of my docs is coding 96405, J3301, J9250 for psoriasis. Does anyone else do this? Is this right?
    Lisa

2. Default
    I checked the index of the CPT under psoriasis treatment. Its 96910 thru 96922 also has a note- See Dermatology; Photochemotherapy which gives 96910 - 96913. The code he is using is intralesional chemotherapy. It doesnt seem correct.

Red face
    Thanks for the input. I finally got the bright idea to check CPT assistant archives and found some info that actually supports his use of this code. Incredible! I didn't think he was coding it right but apparently I have learned from him!
    Lisa

4. Default
    This is off the subject of this thread, but to check CPT assistant archives, is this something you have to purchase or is there a link to view them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    Thanks for the input. I finally got the bright idea to check CPT assistant archives and found some info that actually supports his use of this code. Incredible! I didn't think he was coding it right but apparently I have learned from him!
    Lisa
    Codegirl0422, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by codegirl0422 View Post
    This is off the subject of this thread, but to check CPT assistant archives, is this something you have to purchase or is there a link to view them.

Thanks
    Yes, it has to be purchased...
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA