AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Myers cocktail

Wink Myers cocktail

AAPC: Back to School
    Our office recently started administering MYERS COCKTAIL instead the B-12 compound. I have not been able to locate a valid HCPCS code or NDC #. Is anyone familiar with a valid HCPCS code that we can use to bill?

Worked for holistic physican for 5 years and have never found a code. It is a self pay iv. Unfortunalty, none of the tpn codes match the description of the meyers cocktail. We came up with our own fee schedule for it, depending on the amount of vit c used- we did high and regular vit c amounts. Hope this helps!!

Ps- medicare pts need to sign abn for these!

Thanks for your help, I guess I will advice the office to start adding the ABN's from now on!
    Thanks again!

Pensacola, Fl

Default be careful w/ your ABNs

From what I understand you can't blatently have every MCR pt that comes in (for this procedure) sign an ABN for because you know up front it will not be covered. From everything I've ever learned ABNs should be used sparingly. You might want to check w/ your compliance office or check on the message boards before doing that.

Similar Threads

1. bladder cocktail
    By mireya77 in forum Urology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 07:44 AM
  2. Gi cocktail coding
    By TPLind in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
  3. GI Cocktail - I need some help finding
    By perkins05 in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 0