Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outsourcing Billing to India

1. Default Outsourcing Billing to India
    Medical Coding Books
    Has anyone outsourced their billing/coding to India? My physician is looking into this at the recommendation of two other providers. They have told her it's very cost effective and they've had very positive results with their A/R. I am worried about HIPPA compliance plus a list of about a dozen other concerns. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

2. Default
    Please keep the job opportunities in the US, isn't our enemployment bad enough.
    It is just wrong to send jobs overseas when so many people right here in the US need
    jobs desperately. Please look into billing companies that are US based. Don't become part
    of the problem, PLEASE become part of the solution.

Thanks for your time,
    Bella

Quote Originally Posted by lambtd01 View Post
    Has anyone outsourced their billing/coding to India? My physician is looking into this at the recommendation of two other providers. They have told her it's very cost effective and they've had very positive results with their A/R. I am worried about HIPPA compliance plus a list of about a dozen other concerns. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.
    Why would not you try to use local companies? What state are you in?

4. Default
    I agree with both of you. I am trying to find reasons not to do this.

Personally, I would boycott his services and encourage my friends, family and colleagues to do the same.

In addition there would be a loss of control of the business, security issues, possible decrease in work quality, communication problems and lower morale of the remaining staff concerned about their job security.

Angry Outsourcing to India
    I agree. Charity begins at home. Look after your own first. Why not give the jobs to local people?
    The company I work for did it 'because it was cheap' but it was a disaster.They no longer outsource.

Default Outsourcing to India
    You can give ne a call if you want to discuss why your company wants to outsource their billing. I can help in enhancing the Revenue as well as reviewing what is currently on the books. I agree with everyone on this thread that the billing should not be outsourced to India.

Thanks

8. Default
    I have really never understood the reason for outsourcing overseas, unfortunately I do see a lot of companies doing this not just medical.

Default I totally agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Personally, I would boycott his services and encourage my friends, family and colleagues to do the same.

In addition there would be a loss of control of the business, security issues, possible decrease in work quality, communication problems and lower morale of the remaining staff concerned about their job security.
    These are only some of the problems you will face. Another cause for concern is that India doesn't use our coding nomencleatures (sp?) so how can they adequetly be trained in our methodlogies? You may want to put that one to your boss as well. Also w/ them not being located in the same country is there any guarentee that the laws governing HIPPA, HITECH and documentation guidelines will be followed? Sounds way too risky to me.
    Also if your coding/builing overhead are less than 5% it really doesn't pay you to outsource.

10. Default
    Our doc outsources to India and it was a mess. Remember, you get what you pay for. The time difference alone was an issue. Patients who had questions were frusterated...it was very messy. It's back in the states now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast