I use 22533 for the extra cav when it is used as a corpectomy with a fusion - the surgeon literally has to go all the way around the spine but approaches it laterally. If he states that he used this approach you know it is a complex procedure as he resects the vertebral column and is used with the primary fusion and lamis. He probably also does osteo's - it is a HUGE surgery.
22558 is an anterior lumbar fusion which is different as only the approach is made through the abdomen which is very simple compared to the above. Let me know if you need any more help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join