We have a patient who was admitted to Observation care on 8/2/11. They had a procedure with a global period on the same day. The procedure (46040) and Initial Observation (99219) were paid but the Subsequent Observation (99225) on 8/3/11 as well as the Observation Discharge (99217) on 8/4/11 were denied as part of the global. Can we bill the 99225 and 99217 after a procedure and expect pay or should we not be billing for those?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join