If the patient has medical need for management of DM, CHF, CKD or ect. and needs to be seen in addition to the surgery. I would suggest he do an IM consult on the patient however only if medically necessity and it must be documented by the referring physician in the chart. The IM doctor cannot
do the discharge for a surgery as it is covered in the global fee. If the patient has a problem in surgery and is outpatient and needs medical management by IM for admit that would be the only time
I would charge out for an admit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join