AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Revascularization of finger

Default Revascularization of finger

AAPC: Back to School
    The patient is receiving occupational therapy and the dx that is written on the order is as above. In the note states that patient has sustained severe finger lacerations while cleaning up some glass during a storm. I am not sure what dx code to use for sure. I don't think I can use the acute traumatic injury codes as the patient is in the healing stage. Any suggestions please? Thanks

New Delhi, India

Default My 2 cents

Try V57.21, V58.43 or maybe only V58.43.

Girish Dadhich, CPC

You will need the reason for the visit, V57.21, the reason for treatment (e.g. limited ROM, weakness) and the late effects code (905-909).

thank you for your responses. The thing is that what was only written on the order was what I had stated earlier. So would I need to query for any late effects of the injury?

Do you have documentation of a symptom like pain, numbness, weakness "D/T" or "following" or "from" the injury in the notes?

I will look. thanks for the idea

i sent a query to the physician for any late effects. The reply that I got back was unknown.
    So I am still not sure what I can use for a dx code other than the v57.1?

Similar Threads

1. Endovascular Revascularization
    By ctennant in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 05:11 PM
  2. Revascularization with aotography
    By Wendy McBride in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 12:03 PM
  3. LE Revascularization with complication
    By Robbin109 in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1