95800 Sleep study, unattended, simultaneous recording; heart rate, oxygen saturation, respiratory analysis (eg, by airflow or peripheral arterial tone), and sleep time
Does anyone know ANYTHING about this code? I am finding very little documentation on it. We are a billing service in Texas and we bill for a clinic in GA. They recently decided to start billing for this code but didn't get any information that is helpful to us in the billing company on how to actually bill. The office told me they are doing the GLOBAL part. I know that the TC should be POS 12 and the PC/26 mod should be POS 11 but what should the POS be if it is global? Do I bill it twice, 2 separate invoices?
This particular scenario is the patient came in for preventative services and mentioned that he snored. The doctor did the service and then gave the device for the home study for the patient to take home. He now has the sleep study, CPT 95800, on the same invoice as the preventative, 99396, as well as labs with all as POS 11. I am thinking this may not be correct but the office has no idea. Can anyone shed any light on this code or have a link to a website that might? I tried Cahaba, the Medicare website for Georgia and there is really nothing there either.
Gina Savarino, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join