AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Billing Company - Rejected Claims

Post Billing Company - Rejected Claims

AAPC: Back to School
    Do you know how most billing companies handle who is reponsible for claims that are written off because they are past the filing deadline? The claims rejected first for incorrect information; however they were not followed up on by the billing company in a timely manner so the payer will not pay the claims.

I would say it all depends on the contract betweent Doctor and billing company

Yes, but how are most contracts structured with regard to this?

Columbus GA

Since not being worked is not an acceptable reason for appeal to the payers I would say it is time to write them off. The office manager makes that decision here with our advice as a coder/biller.

Default rejected claims

i worked for a few billing services. If the contract is silent on this point the doctor has every right to negotiate a discount or billing adjustment with the billing service. It helps to have documentation of the issue with the billing service on hand so that the doctor can have some leverage.

Similar Threads

1. Rejected Heart Transplant
    By conleyclan in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 07:14 AM
  2. CPT 88342 rejected
    By Sunbeem 214 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 01:40 PM
  3. Insurance company splitting my claims?
    By NBCBilling in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM
  4. B-Scan 76512 Rejected
    By kate.charette in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM