CPT 28810 (amputation metatarsal and toe) describes a ray amputation.
If the note supports that they are cutting through the metatarals that supports the 28810. In your foot you have the tarsals, then metatarsals then phalanges that have the IP, PIP and DIP joints which means that you can amputate the phalanges at any of those three joints or all of them which supports the 28825 code (interphalangeal joints of foot - the hinge synovial joints between the phalanges of the toes. stedmans). Code 28820 would support the removal of the full phalange at where it connects to the metatarsal. (metatarsophalangeal joints - the condylar or ellipsoid synovial joints between the heads of the metatarsals and the bases of the proximal phalanges of the toes. stedman's)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join