NOT my area of expertise ... but
The only scenario I can imagine would be if the DIAGNOSTIC endoscopy was performed on the contralateral side only. For example, you controlled the hemorrhage on the RT side; and performed a diagnostic endoscopy on the LT side.
CPT 31231 is considered a separate procedure so it will bundle unless you can clearly demonstrate that it is separate and not done in conjunction with any surgical procedure.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join