Clearinghouse reccs

1. Default Clearinghouse reccs
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi
    We currently using Mckesson for our clearinghouse through AZCOMP and we are very unhappy. We are going to switch--any reccomendations?

laura

Are you looking just for a clearinghouse? Several years ago (5, I think) ... the family practice I worked for used Gateway. We had good luck with them ......
    Carolyn Kohler, CPC
    Omaha, NE

We use Zirmed and are very happy with them

We are using Availity and absolutely love it! It's free for providers, which was the main selling point, but it has other great features, such as they have an exclusive contract with some payers, such as BCBSMN, and since we are a MN provider it was no-brainer. They have excellent customer service. I highly recommend them

I do not know anything about billing. What is called "clearing house" . Is it like billing company /Agent ? You ask them to code, submit claims and get the reimbursement from the insurance complany? (OR) is it more??

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kumeena View Post
    I do not know anything about billing. What is called "clearing house" . Is it like billing company /Agent ? You ask them to code, submit claims and get the reimbursement from the insurance complany? (OR) is it more??

Thank you
    A clearinghouse is an entity that gets your electronic claims sent to all the appropriate providers. You transmit your claims data to the clearinghouse and they send it on for you saving you the hassle of having to set up separate electronic accounts with every insurance carrier and multiple transactions to get them all sent. Some clearinghouses also have other functions, eligibility, claims status, etc that you can access depending on what you contract to do. Most Practice Management systems have a clearinghouse already built into their claims management system.
    Arlene J. Smith, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, COBGC