Although I am new to OB/GYN coding (plus new to coding itself!), I believe I can answer this question.
My understanding of a NON routine visit it that you can bill it outside of the global package if the patient comes in for something that is not considered part of a normal pregnancy. Swelling in hands and feet, which can signify Pre-eclampsia is definitely not "normal" and I believe you may bill for this as a separate visit, regardless of how many prenatal visits you already have.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join