My understanding would be that yes, charge the consult w/ -25 and then the ultrasound. However, we have bee running into payors that will not pay for the ultrasound if it is done in a physician's office versus sending out to a hospital or stand alone radiological facility. The reasoning we have been given is "conflict of interest"---basically that the physician may order the exam for financial reasons versus medical necessity (can they say insulting??).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join