Plasma Rich Injections

1. Default Plasma Rich Injections
    Exam Training Packages
    Are any of you Orthopaedics billing for the plasma rich injections, and if so how are you billing them?

If your doc is doing this in addition to another procedure then it bundles. If they are doing only this there is a T code 0232T. Be aware that most carriers consider this experimental and will not pay. If performing in the office be sure to get an ABN signed by the patient and have the pt pay for the procedure. Hope this helps.

3. Default
    How would the ASC billing look?

I'm thinking it would still be the T code if that was all that was done. Sorry-I haven't had one for an asc. Let me check my other ortho chat rooms.....please hold......

Found some info in my book from the Ortho Coding Symposium I attended last week-Transmittal 1984 Date: June 11, 2010 New category III CPT codes that are separately payable under the asc payment system effective 7/1/10; you would report only 0232T and the payment indicator is R2-payment based on OPPS relative payment weight. This code includes everything so only bill that code.

6. Default
    Thanks that is what I needed.

Similar Threads

1. Platlet Rich Plasma injections 0232T
    By mlemlr in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 09:05 AM
  2. Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
    By cwilson3333 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:29 AM
  3. Platlet rich Plasma injections