AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Diabetic Shoes

Default Diabetic Shoes

AAPC: Back to School
    The podiatrist in my practice is looking at starting diabetic shoes in office. Does anyone have any suggestions or any advice on if this actually works? Does it work well or should we just continue sending the patients out?

Grand Rapids, MI

We have had some problems with Medicare. The other payers seem pretty straight forward. PH medicare req. a prior auth. We bill NGS for our DME items and they have alot of req. I also heard it was a hassle to get enrolled with them. Good luck!

Springfield, Mo

I work for 3 podiatrists who used to do their own diabetic shoes. They decided it is nothing but a headache. Now they all refer them to medical supply or prosthetic/orthotic labs.
    solocoder CPC

I work for a podiatrist and we dispense shoes in our office and do not have a problem with the billing.

Similar Threads

1. diabetic shoes/patient decesased
    By ldoran in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:29 AM
  2. Returned Diabetic Shoes
    By tpardo in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
  3. Diabetic patient and therapeutic shoes
    By codelady in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 0