In your case, I am sorry that it is not enough information. But, with my thinking, When a person's kidneys fail, dialysis is often required if transplantation cannot be performed. Dialysis can be performed using the abdominal cavity (peritoneal dialysis) or by filtering the blood. In turn, blood for filtration can be obtained via a catheter or arteriovenous fistula (AV fistula). Catheters can be placed on short notice but have a short usable life-span and are difficult to care for. By contrast, a fistula requires surgery and cannot be used until they heal, but can last for years. In this case, your physician perform AV fistula, but we have many type of fistula that your own veins and arteries and stay as far out on the arm as possible.
In CPT, AV fistula code is 36831 - 36870. I don't know which detail that your physician perform to patient. You can choose in there.
I hope it can get to your idea.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join