not my area of expertise - but, I'd say "no" to the 64430 code.
Actually, according to the CDR - the 64430 is typically used for perineal pain control for example during vaginal delivery (though it is used for anesthesia of the perineum, rectum and parts of the bladder and genitals. and code 64435 is a female only code.
I think his "injection" code IS included in the 76872, 76942,55700 codes.
BUT, I just checked the CCI edits - and, it says we CAN use 64430 w/ 55700 but of course you'd need a .59 modifier on the 64430. hmmmm
hopefully someone with some expertise in this area can help you, afraid my answer(s) only made more confusion! sorry
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join