Thread: Please share with me

Default Please share with me

Promo: Code Books
    I have been assigned the task of pooling together ideas on how we can improve how we educate our providers and how we can do new providr orientations. I would like to hear what other places do for this. Please share with me. Thanks!

I give the dr's back their OR's with notes indicating what I could have billed if they had documented appropriately. If you show them that changing the way they dictate and being more specific regardless of whether it is an E&M or OR can make them additional money they are usually more receptive.

In dealing with a great number of new providers and residents at a teaching hospital, a great method for us has been to not allow charges for new providers to be release for claims submission until they have attended a coding documentation course from the Compliance Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by simonewill7 View Post
    In dealing with a great number of new providers and residents at a teaching hospital, a great method for us has been to not allow charges for new providers to be release for claims submission until they have attended a coding documentation course from the Compliance Dept.

Can you tell me more about this? Is the class something that is pass/fail? Do they have to take a test or something to prove they listened and absorbed the info? Do they choose their own billing LOS, or do the coders do all that for them?