I know that
*99354 and 99355 is for prolonged service use for Office and other outpatient that requires intermittent physician face-to-face time with patient over a period of 2-3 hours. Please remember that prolonged services codes 99354-99357 are not paid unless they are accompanied by the companion codes as described here.
The companion E&M codes for 99354 are:
-Office or other outpatient visit codes (99201-99205, 99212-99215),
-Office or other outpatient consultation codes (99241-99245),
-Domiciliary, rest home, or custodial care services codes (99324-99328, 99334-99337),
-Home services codes (99341-99345, 99347-99350).
The companion E&M codes for 99355 are 99354 and one of its required E&M codes.
*99000 is CPT code 99000, "Handling and/or conveyance of specimen for transfer from the physician's office to a laboratory," is intended to be reported when the practice incurs costs to handle and/or transport a specimen to a lab. But Code 99000 is not intended for reporting the obtaining of a specimen. Reimbursement for obtaining a Pap smear or a throat culture is factored into the relevant lab procedure code. Also, obtaining a blood specimen by venipuncture may be reported separately, using code 36415,
*99051 &99058 is not reimbursement although additional with E&M, too.
I hope it help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join