Removal of loose or foreign bodies that are greater than 5mm or through a separate incision are separately reportable. The op note has to include that information to bill for it.
(29877)A chondroplasty is only reported once, regardless of how many areas are debrided or shaved.
So, if the 29874 is applicable according to the above then I would code this as
29874 loose bodies
G0289 patella (Femoral trochlea...included in Patella compartment)
there are only 3 compartments in the knee: Medial, Lateral, Patello-Femoral.
If 29874 is not documented in the op note to be billed then you can only code this as:
29877 (One time)!!!
Hope that helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join